DOES KATE WEAR TOO MUCH EYELINER?

The fashion designer Vivienne Westwood seems to think Kate Middleton doesn’t know how to properly apply eyeliner.   And she’s certainly not shy about sharing her opinions on the subject! When asked about the Duchess of Cambridge’s look in a recent interview, the fashion designer, 70, called it “ordinary,” finding particular fault with her eye make-up.  Westwood said, “I think she’s got a problem with eye make-up. The sharp line around her eyes make her look hard. Either she should be smudgy or wear none.”

Hmmm … we think it looks rather clean!

Tags: , ,

14 Responses to “DOES KATE WEAR TOO MUCH EYELINER?”

1. Not2Haute says:

No, but she should wear black on top and bronze on bottom.

2. Danita says:

I think she looks fine!!

3. Monique says:

I think it makes her look like she’s an ordinary girl, and THAT is an admirable quality! I do feel that she’d actually be better off WITHOUT makeup, because she’s just naturally pretty. :-)

4. Melissa D says:

Kate is a beautiful girl, but I do agree that her eyeliner is kind of dated, something an older woman would wear.

5. Christina G says:

I agre with Vivianne – the way she applies it looks cheap.

6. Deborah Curran says:

I think her ey makeup is just fine but she could use a little lip enhancement LOL

7. Samantha says:

I think she’s lovely. We’re too critical. Who cares how she wears her eye make up? It’s her choice, isn’t it?

8. Elaine Enochs says:

I don’t think she needs that much liner. She’s young and beautiful. Too much is too much.

9. ewhatley says:

She’s beautiful and her makeup looks perfect.

10. mgibbs says:

I agree…eyeliner make her look hard.

11. Sherice says:

I think she looks better without it but her choice.

12. Jules says:

I have to say I saw Kate about a year ago in London at The Ivy Club.
    She was wearing waaay too much makeup..
    her foundation was several shades too dark and the eyeliner was bad. this was before she was engaged and knowing she’d be photographed endlessly..more of a quiet night out to be that done up. I have also noticed in photos take more recently that in addition to the severe eyeliner..her eyebrows are all wrong..one is much shorter than the other.

13. jhons says:

Howdy! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this website? I’m getting sick and tired of WordPress because I’ve had problems with hackers and I’m looking at alternatives for another platform. I would be fantastic if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

14. LHales says:

Yeah… i think she wears too much eyeliner. this reminds me of the kind of make-up 14 year old girls sport when they first learn what eyeliner is. she is a classy woman married to a prince, her make up should reflect that.