RIHANNA BAD FOR NIVEA?

Rihanna has been dropped as the face of Nivea because her recent behavior doesn’t fit in with the brand’s “family values”.    They apparently don’t like that she posted skimpy photos of herself, used bad language and is out on the town partying.  She has been deemed too sexy for the brand.    A spokesperson for the company said,  ’Nivea is a company which stands for trust, family and reliability.’  Hmmm…really?  Should she have been ousted?

16 Responses to “RIHANNA BAD FOR NIVEA?”

1. Lillian says:

That is the most ridiculous thing ever. Rihanna is a smart and responsible adult. More people will stop buying this product because they dropped her than the number of stupid people concerned with her personal life.

2. Can says:

I thought Nivea stood for naked chicks with strategically placed arms, legs & lotion bottles…

If not rihanna then maybe I now have a chance sine i can talk about trust, family and oh yes reliabilty. this really is silly and Nivea should rethink this since it is a great product for your entire body on or without with the clothes.

4. missannmcd says:

Were they looking for a role model? Then no, shouldn’t have hired her to begin with. Now, they are breaking their contract. That’s not fair to her.

5. missannmcd says:

Can says:
    August 20, 2012 at 9:11 am

BWAHAHA! So true…

6. Deborah Curran says:

I think she is going to lose (if she hasn’t already) a lot of fans since she went back to her abuser.

7. EmJay says:

I have never bought a product because of it’s spokesperson. I don’t buy Nivea because of Rihanna (who I love), I don’t buy it because I think the products do absolutely nothing for me.

8. Maria says:

If the company doesn’t like her, what’s the big deal?

I agree with Nivea’s choice. One does subconsciously associate a product with the spokesperson, whether or not he/she purchases it for that reason. Nivea can do better.

10. Aileen says:

It’s always a better choice to have a spokesperson who empowers women. Rihanna’s choice to return to Chris Brown was a step in the wrong direction, much like Whitney Houston’s association with Bobby Brown over the years. She has Revlon and other deals, so I’m sure she’ll be fine financially without Nivea. There’s definitely a hostile climate towards women’s bodies, e.g. Congressman Todd Akin of Missouri’s statements asserting that women’s bodies can prevent pregnancies from rape. I’d love it if Nivea would choose one of the recent Olympians, such as Marlen Esparza.

11. ewhatley says:

She would not be my choice as the face of any legitimate product. The photos are just another in a long line of too many instances of bad or questionable behavior on her part. I applaud Nivea’s decision and I’m sure they’ll make a better decision going forward. I don’t make choices to buy a product based on their spokesperson but I DO make choices NOT to buy certain products based on the image their spokesperson portrays.

12. caren dae says:

While I don’t really get or care about the things she has done, it wouldn’t stop me from buying their products just because she’s on the adds

13. Judy Allen says:

rihanna is not that smart if she wants to hook up again with chris brown! get real

14. Sherice J says:

I think that if they are looking for someone perfect then they should stop hiring celebs. Kim Kardashian is no better and they still have her as one.

15. Derpy says:

Have they SEEN Rihannas videos? She’s raunchy! Are they complete idiots? If you want to promote family values and other assorted bullshit don’t hire someone like Rihanna!

Do someone like, I don’t know, Selena Gomez? haha.

16. olivia says:

Everything about this is dumb. Who did Nivea think they were hiring? Doesn’t make any sense. Oh well, doesn’t seem like Nivea meshes well with Ri’s image either.