TREND ALERT: THE BONDAGE PONY

Fall beauty has some strong looks with heavy liner and bright blue shadows…but are you ready for the bondage tape ponytail?  At the Jason Wu show last week it was all about the “warrior woman” for fall, and the severe ponytail wrapped in black bondage tape.  Here’s how to get the look: A piece of black plastic and tons of shine serum give a high ponytail a naughty (and cool) dominatrix vibe.  The hair need to be stick straight and slicked back with product before wrapping black tape around the ponytail (make sure it isn’t the sticky tape!).

9 Responses to “TREND ALERT: THE BONDAGE PONY”

1. Christine A. says:

This look is sleek but never looks good with my features, more a messy bun or pony for Fall. Looks great on thin models though.

I think a softer ponytail is more flattering to the majority of women. It takes perfect features to pull off such a severe hairstyle.

3. missannmcd says:

I loved to wear my hair this way in my 20′s with my square jawed profile (and widows peak to boot) but now at 54, No Way! Love it on those who can wear it though. It does make one look a little naughty and I like that!

4. Monica Platz says:

This goes so well with all the 50 shades books! :)

5. Elaine says:

I agree that this a look for 20 somethings, and it’s a great look. I recently discovered pony tails for myself, but they are softer, with wisps which flatter me more. Every little bit counts. Thanks, Beauty Undercover.

6. Amoure says:

As nice as this looks this is murder on the edges and the middle of your hair.

7. Kathy says:

Please, you got me at that “high (and cool) domanitrix vibe”! I’m sure some women can wear it, but it does not look that great, period. This is considered high fashion? As a little kid, I could put my hair up in a ponytail and at 56 years old, I’m sure it would Not be that difficult. What is this? You call it Style? Spritz your hair down with water, then do with it whatever you want…it would probably look better than this – on any woman!

8. Ellie H says:

I like the look..IM a pontail girl anyway..when you can polish it up it turns glamatous

9. Heya i will be for the first time the following. I discovered the following plank so i in finding It truly beneficial & it forced me to be out significantly. I hope to offer you anything again along with help other people just like you made it easier for us.