He is known as the dentist who does beautiful veneers for Hollywood celebrities. Beverly Hills based dentist, Dr. Kevin Sands is considered one of the top international experts in his field. But if you don’t want to invest in veneers there are other ways to get a beautiful smile. “Cut strawberries in half and rub it on your teeth. Strawberries contain malic acid, which is a natural whitening agent,” explained Dr. Sands. ”Wear dark lipstick because that makes your teeth look whiter and avoid staining foods such as soy sauce, coffee and tea. Limit your red wine and switch to white as much as you can.”
With the arrival of summer it’s time to look at must-have beauty products. The owner of the Beverly Hills based Vida Emanuel Day Spa has just opened the Beauty Lounge. Vida’s Spa and Beauty Lounge offers manicure and pedicure treatments and now the hottest beauty products too! Check out her five must-haves for summer:
- Rene Furterer’s Repairing After Sun Shampoo and Conditioner and Oil Spray for sun protection.
- Epicuren skin care products. Protein Mist, an enzyme toner that you spray on your face before or after makeup or when your skin is dehydrated, is a refreshing boost.
- EMK Placental Botanical light skincare line that hydrates, reduces wrinkles, tones and firms.
- LaLicious has a lovely body sugar scrub made of coconut and vanilla, as well as a hydrating butter.
- Jane Iredale all natural mineral make up is also perfect to keep your skin looking young and beautiful for summer.
The treadmill desk is all the rage these days for those uber motivated types who want to walk and be on the computer at the same time. “Treadmill desks are beneficial because sitting for 8 hours a day is just as bad for you as smoking,” says Dr. Robert Pomahac, founder of MaxHealth LA in Beverly Hills and a noted Chiropractor and Wellness Expert. “Walking slowly on the treadmill is a form of low impact exercise that helps your posture, bone density and cardio health.” Why not walk and workout!