Summer can bring out both the best and the worst in our beauty regimes. We love what the humidity can do for our dry skin, but hate the frizzies that come out of our hair. We recently came a cross a very practical list of Summer Beauty Survival tips in the August issue of O Magazine.
- How To Treat A Mosquito Bite (In the Middle of Your Forehead): Dab some 1% hydrocortisone ointment on the bump or take an antihistamine; then cover as you would a pimple.
- How to Sweat Less: take a cold shower and then, when dry, sprinkle powder over areas that are most sweat-prone; also, consider upping your antiperspirant to Clinical Strength and apply before bedtime.
- How to Get Rid of Bikini-Line Irritation: use a salicylic acid scrub 2-3 times per week on the bikini line; switch to a moisturizing shaving cream, incorporate an antibacterial soap into your shower routine and use a 4-blade sharp razor (which should be tossed after a few uses).
- How to Treat a Killer Blister: Pop it! Sterilize a needle and puncture a tiny hole; drain and then bandage (change daily).
- How to Treat Poison Ivy (or Oak, or Sumac): Immediately rinse with sop and water — if treated within 10 minutes of contact, you can reduce your damage by 50%!. When blisters form, soak in an astringent (like Domeboro). Next time, apply IvyBlock before going outside.