Stylist Zerina Akers, who works with everyone from Beyoncé, Ava DuVernay, and Yara Shahidi, to Chloe x Halle and more, knows that travel fashion flubs are always the worst. Teaming up with tried-and-true beauty brand, Dove, the fashion guru shares her tips to fix and avoid these frustrating fashion dilemmas:
- Keep a button in place with clear nail polish – If a button is loose and you don’t have time to re-sew it into place, take some clear nail polish and dab it on the knot, then hold the button in place for a minute. It acts as glue and will make it more secure until you can get a proper fix!
- File your soles for a non-slip grip – If you have a pair of shoes with slick bottoms, buff the sole with an emery board to prevent you from slipping and to add traction.
- Lose the fuzz with a pass of a razor – When garments start to pill from the wash, you can remove the fuzz with a razor. Simply run the razor lightly over the area and then carefully remove the pieces that collect. Repeat until all the pills are gone!
- Unstick that zipper with Vaseline – When a zipper just won’t budge, you can rub a bit of Vaseline along where it is stuck. The Vaseline will help the zipper slide and wiggle free!
- There’s an antiperspirant that actually doesn’t leave marks – Avoid dealing with pesky white marks by using Dove Invisible Dry Spray Antiperspirant. It goes on dry and invisible, leaving no white marks on 100 colors.