Its no surprise that Beyoncé will appear, again, on the cover of Vogue’s highly-anticipated September edition. However, this time she will have “unprecedented control” over her portrayal. According to an article in The Huffington Post, Vogue is believed to be contractually obligated to give Beyoncé “full control over the cover, the photos of her inside the magazine and the captions, which she has written herself and are in long-form.” The superstar tapped 23-year-old photographer, Tyler Mitchell, to shoot her spread. This is significant, as he will be the first black photographer to shoot a Vogue cover.
Posts Tagged ‘Beyonce’
Queen Bey gave fans a royal performance at the Coachella Music Festival on Saturday night. The 26-song extravaganza (dubbed “Beychella”) featured a marching band — complete with majorettes and back-up dancers, high-profile guest appearances (Destiny’s Child, Jay-Z, and Solange Knowles), wardrobe changes (courtesy of Balmain), and even polish changes. Naturally Beyoncé turned to L’Oréal Paris Celebrity Makeup Artist, Sir John, to help create her signature looks. Here we take you through his step-by-step!
Sir John began by focusing on eyes. For Beyoncé’s shadow he utilized a warm, matte terracotta shadow as the base shade. He then mixed two loose glitters together – one in a copper color and the other in an iridescent purple – and placed on the ball of her eyes. Next, he used a black liner on top and a MAC coffee-colored Eye Pencil on the bottom lashes. He prefers to do this black/brown liner combo because the coffee brown helps to bring in some softness to the eye, whereas black liner on the bottom sometimes weighs the eye down. For Beyoncé’s lashes, Sir John wanted to give her a super feathery, voluminous look. He first curled the lashes to give them a lift and then applied generous coats of his go-to mascara, L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise.
Stylist Zerina Akers, who works with everyone from Beyoncé, Ava DuVernay, and Yara Shahidi, to Chloe x Halle and more, knows that travel fashion flubs are always the worst. Teaming up with tried-and-true beauty brand, Dove, the fashion guru shares her tips to fix and avoid these frustrating fashion dilemmas:
- Keep a button in place with clear nail polish – If a button is loose and you don’t have time to re-sew it into place, take some clear nail polish and dab it on the knot, then hold the button in place for a minute. It acts as glue and will make it more secure until you can get a proper fix!
- File your soles for a non-slip grip – If you have a pair of shoes with slick bottoms, buff the sole with an emery board to prevent you from slipping and to add traction.
- Lose the fuzz with a pass of a razor – When garments start to pill from the wash, you can remove the fuzz with a razor. Simply run the razor lightly over the area and then carefully remove the pieces that collect. Repeat until all the pills are gone!
- Unstick that zipper with Vaseline – When a zipper just won’t budge, you can rub a bit of Vaseline along where it is stuck. The Vaseline will help the zipper slide and wiggle free!
- There’s an antiperspirant that actually doesn’t leave marks – Avoid dealing with pesky white marks by using Dove Invisible Dry Spray Antiperspirant. It goes on dry and invisible, leaving no white marks on 100 colors.