Posts Tagged ‘Chanel’
On Tuesday Saks Fifth Avenue opened a new, 32,000-square-foot beauty space on the second floor of its New York Flagship with more than 120 color cosmetics, skincare, fragrance and wellness brands (58 of which are new to the floor). Anchor shops include Aesop, CHANEL, Christian Louboutin Beauté, Dior, Giorgio Armani, Givenchy, Gucci (its first new beauty concept store in the US, above), Kiehl’s Since 1851, La Mer, La Prairie, Sisley Paris, and Tom Ford. By moving the Beauty Department to the second floor, Saks hopes to address the new ways customers shop and experience beauty.
Focusing more on on experiences, the floor now includes 15 new spa rooms along with services such as medi-spa treatments, facials, massages, manicures, brow services, a flower shop and more. Saks curated treatments and luxury experiences for customers include services such as:
- FaceGym, the original non-invasive facial workout, exclusive to Saks and the first shop in the United States.
- Dedicated spa rooms for CHANEL, Clé de Peau Beauté, Dior, Kiehl’s Since 1851, La Mer, La Prairie, Martine de Richeville, SKINNEY MedSpa and Sisley Paris.
- Brow and lash styling by Blink Brow Bar London, CoolSculpting and laser hair removal by SKINNEY MedSpa and manicures and meditation by sundays.
- Martine de Richeville’s signature slimming, deep-tissue massage, Rémodelage, —a Saks exclusive and brand-first space in the United States.
- Hand-tied floral arrangements by EB Florals, revolving around the composition of the fragrances and their seasonal availability.
Yara Shahidi’s classic, bold hair made a voluminous statement pared with her elegant Chanel gown at Monday night’s Met Gala. Celebrity stylist, Nai’vasha Johnson, teamed up with John Frieda Hair to create Shahidi’s glamorous 60 inch ponytail with some “whimsical texture.”
Johnson began by separating clean, dry hair in quadrants and taming frizz with John Frieda Frizz Ease Curl Reviver Mousse. Thoroughly distributing the product through with a paddle brush, she then sectioned hair into three triangles and applied John Frieda Frizz Ease Dream Curls Air Dry Waves Styling Foam to enhance Shahidi’s natural curls. Brushing each section smoothly from the nape, she clasped the sections tightly with a bungee to secure into a sleek ponytail. Removing a small section of hair, she wrapped it around the pony to cover the cord, securing with a pin. Then she misted the ponytail with John Frieda Frizz Ease Daily Nourishment Leave-In Conditioner to hydrate the hair and before adding a lace mantilla, in observance of the Costume Institute’s exhibition, Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination.