We all know that exercise is good for the body and mind. But did you know that perspiration is also good for the skin? Dr. Margarita Lolis, a New Jersey board certified dermatologist explains, “When exercising we release toxins from our skin, opening up and clearing out our pores.” However, if we miss one important step we may start to notice a sudden decline in our skin. Here Dr. Lolis shares fourteen hacks to help our skin look its post-workout best.
- Use disposable body wipes or medicated/herbal wet tissues right after a workout. This will help in removing excess oil from your skin.
- Always carry a small towel with you to wipe the excess sweat.
- Avoid touching your face with bare hands to keep bacterial infections and acne at bay.
- Use a foot deodorizer to clean your feet after a heavy workout.
- Go bare. Morning gym people there’s no need to apply make-up. If you work out after work consider taking a face-wipe to remove dirt, make-up which may blend with sweat triggering breakouts. You want your skin to be able to breathe while you’re working out.
- Wear fresh clothes after showering. Also, avoid wearing gym clothes after washing yourself clean. Gym clothes will be sweaty and grimy; they may cause acne and other skin related problems. (more…)