Posts Tagged ‘SkinCeuticals’
L’Oréal will unveil its latest technological advancement, a personalized skincare service called CUSTOM D.O.S.E (D.O.S.E). Developed by L’Oréal’s Technology Incubator in partnership with L’Oréal-owned SkinCeuticals, D.O.S.E is a state-of-the-art service engineered to scan and evaluate consumers’ unique skin needs and combine active ingredients into a tailor-made, corrective serum. The D.O.S.E experience begins with a one-on-one skincare professional consultation to discuss which active ingredients will be most appropriate for the patient. The skincare professional completes an assessment on a tablet, which transfers the data to the D.O.S.E machine that mixes and dispenses the customized serum. A custom label is then printed for each consumer, including an expiration date and a bar code for easy reordering.
The D.O.S.E technology is first-of-its-kind because it is able to mix active ingredients, chosen specifically to target the appearance of skin aging issues, like wrinkles, fine lines, and discoloration, into a single serum. D.O.S.E has a production-quality compounder that operates at 1,200 rotations per minute to mix ingredients precisely, drop by drop. The machine uniquely combines active ingredients that historically were unmixable outside of a factory setting. Through this technology, skincare professionals can administer a single D.O.S.E serum with multiple active ingredients that address the appearance of multiple skin concerns. More than 250 unique skin types were considered when researching and selecting active ingredients to include in D.O.S.E in order to provide dozens of combinations through over 2,000 algorithms. L’Oréal scientists spent 12 months determining what formulations would be most efficacious based on consumer needs and ensured the technology could dispense the formula accurately. (more…)
Bags are for groceries and travel — not our eyes. Droop and sag immediately show our age, as the delicate skin around the eyes is ten times thinner than the skin on the rest of the face. According to renowned Beverly Hills plastic surgeon, Dr. Leif Rogers, there are several causes, including heredity, sleep deprivation, stress, smoking, allergies, and fluid retention due to hormones, medication or even environmental changes. Under-eye bags become more pronounced when skin laxity no longer holds the fat pads in place, making them more visible. The good doctor shared with Beauty Undercover six safe strategies to send those bags packing!
- Eye creams: Dryness, crepiness in the skin and very slight bagging are the first signs of chronic under-eye bags. Start treating them early and eye creams can make a noticeable difference. Dr. Rogers recommends A.G.E. eye complex by SkinCeuticals, SkinMedica TNS cream, and Elastiderm cream by Obagi.
- Neotensil: Described as “the shapewear of skin,” Neotensil, by Living Proof, is a film that’s great for a quick, short-term fix. Simply glide two thin layers of gel under the eyes – one base and one activator – and allow it to dry for all-day effects with no down time.
- Lasers: Lasers are quite effective for tightening sagging skin while targeting creepy areas. From the mildest to the most aggressive treatment, Dr. Rogers suggests the following:
- Clear & Brilliant – Safe for both the upper and lower eyelids, Clear & Brilliant gives tired-looking eyes a pick-me-up with minimal down time, but does not completely eliminate significant bags.
- Fraxel Dual – With a few days required for recovery, the Fraxel Dual laser is stronger than Clear & Brilliant and is more effective in treating eye bags.
- Fraxel Co2 – Much stronger and more effective than Fraxel Dual, Fraxel Co2 reduces wrinkles around the eyes. Recovery time is approximately two weeks. (more…)