Posts Tagged ‘Tom Brady’

GOING FOR THE GOLD: STARS PREP FOR THE MET BALL!

Monday, May 1st, 2017


Kate Hudson shared images of herself on social media preparing for Monday night’s Met Gala, an event affectionately known as The Oscars of The East.  Covered in a golden facial mask (above), she captioned the image,”Off to a good start.” Similarly preparing for their closeups were gilded model, Bella Hadid, and fashion designer, Alexander Wang (below).  Benefits of the 24k gold mask are believed to be rapid cell renewal and rejuvenation, increased elasticity and cell metabolism, reduction in inflammation and breakdown of collagen, and improved circulation for an enhanced overall glow.

Hosted by Vogue editor, Anna WintourKaty Perry, Tom Brady, Gisele Bündchen, and Pharrell Williams, the gala celebrates the opening of  the Rei Kawakubo exhibit, “Rei Kawakubo/Comme des Garçons: Art of the In-Between.”  Officially called the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute benefit, the gala raises money for the Costume Institute, the only department of the Metropolitan Museum which must fund its own exhibitions.  The Costume Institute underwent a complete renovation in 2014 and became known as the Anna Wintour Costume Center.

 

TOM BRADY’S NEW PLANT-BASED MEAL SERVICE!

Tuesday, March 7th, 2017

Super-Bowl winning quarterback, Tom Brady, has entered the arena … of food delivery delivery services!  Working with the plant-based, subscription meal service, Purple Carrot, he has developed a line called, TB12 Performance Meals.  The gluten-free, vegetarian performance meals (priced at approximately $13 each, or three for two people at $78), are high in protein but low in soy and refined sugars.  Available on April 3rd, TB12 Performance meals have been designed for “anyone who’s looking to achieve or sustain their own peak performance,” Brady told Fortune in an email, adding, “We believe a mostly plant-based diet—combined with the other elements of our TB12 method—is the best way to achieve and sustain peak performance, for both athletes and non-athletes alike.”

Since launching Purple Carrot two and a half years ago, the meal kit industry has grown significantly.  According to its Founder & CEO, Andy Levitt, plant-based proteins are on-tread in the nutritional space.  “Partnerships with great organizations like Whole Foods Market, and incredible people like Tom Brady, enable us to elevate our brand even further.”   TB12 went into development last summer.  “We worked together over the past several months to develop dozens of recipes that Tom eats at home, or will be eating given the alignment to the TB12 food philosophy,” said Levitt.

SECRETS FROM A SUPERMODEL’S KITCHEN!

Tuesday, June 28th, 2016
Giselle     Even supermodels  have their “off days.”  We were thrilled to see one featured on Gisele Bündchen’s Instagram feed.  Captioning the photo (above), “I can’t resist” and tagging it #rawdesert (sic), the model/mother of two, 35, made herself appear far more human.In January, Allen Campbell, personal chef to Bündchen and her husband, Tom Brady, spoke to Boston.com, revealing that he never uses white sugar, white flour, or MSG in the preparation of the family’s food.  Other no-nos include “nightshades” such as tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, or eggplant (because they are not anti-inflammatory for Brady), as well as coffee, caffeine, fungus, and dairy.  “My philosophy is that a plant-based diet has the power to reverse and prevent disease,” Campbell shares.

So what do the Bündchen/Bradys eat?  “80 percent of what they eat is vegetables,” says Campbell, adding, “[I buy] the freshest vegetables. If it’s not organic, I don’t use it. And whole grains: brown rice, quinoa, millet, beans. The other 20 percent is lean meats: grass-fed organic steak, duck every now and then, and chicken. As for fish, I mostly cook wild salmon.”  Not your traditional American diet!